Saturday, March 07, 2009

Fun in September







We were so excited when my mom and aunt came for a month long visit. We had a lot of fun together. We left on Labor Day weekend and took a road trip to Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and San Diego. In Vegas, we had fun discovering the hotels, swimming in the pool, and eating in the Mirage. We only stayed one night in LA. We had an appointment at the German Consulate to get new passports. Afterwards, we visited some sights as Rodeo Drive, Hollywood Boulevard, the Hollywood letters, etc. It was for sure interesting and a little different than one would expect. San Diego was our favorite part of the trip. We rented a beach house, spent a lot of time at the beach, visited Sea World, San Diego downtown, Old Town, and Seaport Village. When we walked over to the beach for the time upon our arrival and watched the sun going down on th horizon, it really hit me how much I miss the coast and the Sea. Before I came to the States and had lived here for a few years, I did not realize what a big role the coast and the culture, the food, and the traditions there played in my life growing up. I truly miss it.

No comments: